Office: ITE 435
Phone: (860) 486-3081
- B.S., Physics, University of Cape Coast (Ghana), 1979
- M.S., Electrical Engineering, Boston University, 1984
- Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, University of Connecticut, 1988
Design and development of fiber optics and opto-electronic devices for high-speed (40-100Gb/s) optical networks, terahertz quasi-optics radio frequency generation, optical analog-to-digital conversion, the investigation of high speed switching in fiber optics, nano-semiconductor materials and device structures, modeling and simulation of Very Large Scale Integration (VLSI) Circuits including content address memories static and dynamic random access memories, application of Very High Speed Integral Circuits (VHDL) to optical circuits design and simulation.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Sigma Xi
- Phi Kappa Phi
- National Technical Association (NTA)
- ” Comparison of Four Multi-User Key Quantum Distribution Schemes Over Passive Optical Networks, ” (with P. Kumavor, A. C. Beal, S. Yelin and B. Wang), IEEE Journal on Lightwave Technology, Vol. 23, No. 1, pp. 268-276, January, 2005.
Books, Book Chapters, Book Sections & Edited Volumes:
- ” GaAs-Based Nanodevices, ” Encyclopedia of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology,(H. S. Nalwa, ed.), Vol. 3, pp. 707-717, 2004.
- Laboratory Manual for Analog Circuits, University of Connecticut Co-op,2001.
- “Gallium Arsenide Heterostructures,” Semiconductors and Semimetals, Vol. 73, Chapter 1, (W. Nalwa, ed.), Academic Press, 2001.
Conference Proceedings & Other Publications:
- ” High-Speed Multichannel Optical-to-Digital Sampling, ” (with M. Norman, M. J. Hayduk and R. J. Bussjager), SPIE Proceedings, Vol. 5814, No. 9, March, 2005.
- ” Progress in the Non-Destructive Measurement of States in Quantum Communication and Computation Systems, ” (with P. Kumavor), SPIE Proceedings, Vol. 5815, No. 27, pp. 195-202, March, 2005.
- “Prospects and Challenges for the Realization of Quantum Computers,” (with P. Kumavor), SPIE Proceedings, Vol. 4732, Paper 18, April 2002.
- “10GSPS 10-Bit Optical Analog-to-Digital Converter,” (with M. Hayduk, R.J. Bussjager and J.J. Green), SPIE Proceedings, Vol. 4732, Paper 8, April 2002.
- “Simulation of an Optical Analog-to-Digital Converter,” (with H. Vosough), SPIE Proceedings, Vol. 4732, Paper 9, April 2002.
- ” Micro-Fabrication of an Integrated Membrane-Electrode-Catalyst-Distributor Structure for Portable Direct Methanol Fuel Cell Development,” Department of Defense-ARMY, April 16, 2003-October 15, 2004.
- ” REU Undergraduate Research Scholars in Electrical & Computer Engineering,” (PI: E. Donkor, Co-PI: R. Magnusson), National Science Foundation, June 1, 2004-May 31, 2006.
- Program Chair, SPIE Conference on Quantum Information and Computation, Conference No. 5815, Orlando, FL, March, 2005.
- Program Chair, Enabling Photonics Technologies for Aerospace Applications VI, Conference No. 5814, Orlando, FL, March, 2005.
- Editorial Board Member, Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology.
- Editor, SPIE Proceedings, Vols. 5814 and 5815, April, 2005.
- Session Chair, SPIE Conference on Quantum Information and Computation, Conference No. 5815, Sessions 5 and 8, Orlando, FL, March, 2005.
- Session Chair, SPIE Conference on Enabling Photonics Technologies for Defense, Security and Aerospace Applications, Conference No. 5814, Session 3, Orlando, FL, March, 2005.
- Panel Review Member, NSF SBIR, Phase I.
- “Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics, ” New England Board of Higher Education.
Administrators: Add Event
There are no events planned at this time.
1st Symposium on Computational Materials Research
Jul 27 2017
Fall Semester Begins
Aug 28 2017
BME Seminar: “Evaluating Lower Extremity Gait Pattern and Muscle Function Analysis: Deconstructing the Anterior Cruciate Ligament Injury Mechanism” by Dr. Kristin Morgan
Sep 16 2017
Scholarship Award Ceremony
Oct 5 2017
Nov 23 2017