News and Activities
- The paper, B. Javidi et al., “Roadmap on Optical Security,” Journal of Optics, 18, 083001, published July 22, 2016 has been downloaded 2000+ times as of 3 October 2016.
- Javidi has received The George Washington University School of Engineering and Applied Sciences (SEAS) Hall of Fame Award, the university’s highest honor for its alumni in engineering, October 2016.
- The Quantum Electronics and Optics Prize for Applied Aspects by the European Physical Society (2015) was awarded to Prof. Javidi in June 2015.
- The following paper was awarded the Fumio Okano Best Paper Prize sponsored by Japan Broadcast Co [NHK-ES]; Pla, P. Latorre-Carmona, E. Salvador-Balaguer, B. Javidi,”Integral imaging acquisition and processing for human gesture recognition,” in Three-Dimensional Imaging, Visualization, and Display Conference 2015, Proceedings of SPIE Vol. 9495 (2015).
- The Optical Society of America [OSA] made a press release on the paper, A. Markman, J. Wang, and B. Javidi, “3D Integral Imaging Displays Using a Quick-Response Encoded Elemental Image Array,” Optica, November 2014:
- The following paper was awarded the Fumio Okano Best Paper Prize sponsored by Japan Broadcast Co [NHK-ES]: Manuel Martínez-Corral, Adrián Dorado, Hector Navarro, Anabel Llavador, Genaro Saavedra, Bahram Javidi,”From the plenoptic camera to the flat integral-imaging display,” in Three-Dimensional Imaging, Visualization, and Display Conference 2014, Proceedings of SPIE Vol. 9117, (2014).
- The paper, I. Moon, A. Anand, M. Cruz, and B. Javidi, “Identification of Malaria Infected Red Blood Cells via Digital Shearing Interferometry and Statistical Inference,”IEEE Photonics Journal, Volume 5, Number 5, October 2013 was selected by the editors to be highlighted at the IEEE Photonics Conference 2014, La Jolla, California in the ‘Hot Papers and Meet the Editors’ session, 12 October 2014.
- The paper entitled “Digital holographic microscopy for automated 3D cell identification: an overview” published in 2014 was chosen for the “2014′ Editor-in-Chief Choice Award” of Chinese Optics Letters, published by Optical Society of America.
- Xiao Xiao, Bahram Javidi, Manuel Martinez-Corral, and Adrian Stern, “Advances in three-dimensional integral imaging: sensing, display, and applications [Invited],” Applied Optics 52, 546-560 (2013) was named in March 2015 as the #2 top cited article according to Thomson Reuters’ Web of Science™ Science Citation Index Expanded over the last 2 years.
- The paper [V. Javier Traver, Pedro Latorre-Carmona, Eva Salvador-Balaguer, Filiberto Pla, and Bahram Javidi, “Human gesture recognition using three-dimensional integral imaging,” Journal of the Optical Society of America A, vol. 31, pp 2312-2320 (2014)] was #1 among the Top Downloads of the Journal in October 2014.
- The paper [Manuel Martínez-Corral, Adrián Dorado, Héctor Navarro, Genaro Saavedra, and Bahram Javidi, “Three-dimensional display by smart pseudoscopic-to-orthoscopic conversion with tunable focus,” Applied Optics, Vol. 53, Issue 22, , E19-E25 (2014)], Appeared on the Cover of Applied Optics-Display Technology-Optics Infobase, August 2014.
- The paper [Hong Hua and Bahram Javidi, “A 3D integral imaging optical see-through head-mounted display,” Journal of Optics Express, 22, issue 11, pp 13484-13491, June 2, 2014] was showcased on the cover of the OSA Digital Library Optics Infobase WEB Site under the heading “New goggle-like device may lead to 3-D augmented reality technology that minimizes visual fatigue”].
- The paper [Hong Hua and Bahram Javidi, “A 3D integral imaging optical see-through head-mounted display,” Journal of Optics Express, 22, issue 11, pp 13484-13491, June 2, 2014] was #2 among the Top Downloads of the Journal in June 2014.
- Light in Focus, The Optical Society News Release entitled, “Sight for Sore Eyes: Augmented Reality without the Discomfort-New goggle-like device may lead to 3-D augmented reality technology that minimizes visual fatigue,” based on the paper “A 3-D integral imaging optical see-through head-mounted display,” H. Hua and B. Javidi,Optics Express, vol. 22, Issue 11, pp. 13484-13491 (2014).
- The paper, Wen Chen, Bahram Javidi, and Xudong Chen, “Advances in optical security systems,” Advances in Optics and Photonics 6, 120-15 (2014) was a top (#3) download article. [http://www.opticsinfobase.org/aop/issue.cfm]
- Our new Book has been published jointly by Wiley and IEEE: Multi-dimensional Imaging (Wiley – IEEE) – May 12, 2014 by Bahram Javidi, Enrique Tajahuerce, Pedro Andres
- Congratulations to all our students and collaborators. As of October 2016, per Google Scholar our total citation=32000+ with h-index=84, and i10-index=529.