Office: ITE 333
Phone: (860) 486-4462
- PhD, University of Michigan, 2009
- MS, Tsinghua University, China, 2004
- BS, Tsinghua University, China, 2002
Modeling, analysis, continuous improvement, design, control, and energy efficient operations of manufacturing and service systems; Mathematical modeling and analysis of battery systems
2013 – Present Assistant Professor, Dept. of Electrical and Computer
Engineering, University of Connecticut
2009 – 2013 Assistant Professor, Dept. of Industrial and Manufacturing
Engineering, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Institute of Industrial Engineers (IIE)
- Institute for Operations Research and Management Sciences (INFORMS)
- R. Naebulharam and L. Zhang, “Bernoulli serial lines with deteriorating product quality: Performance evaluation and system-theoretic properties,” to appear in International Journal of Production Research, 2013.
- J. Li, S. M. Meerkov, and L. Zhang, “Production Systems Engineering: Main results and rec- ommendations for management,” to appear in International Journal of Production Research, 2013 (DOI:10.1080/00207543.2012.757667).
- L. Zhang, “Kanban-controlled exponential production lines: Analysis and design,” Journal of Manufacturing Technology Management, vol. 24, no. 3, pp. 358-383, 2013.
- L. Zhang, C. Wang, J. Arinez and S. Biller, “Transient analysis of Bernoulli serial lines: Performance evaluation and system-theoretic properties,” IIE Transactions, vol. 45, no. 5, pp. 528-543, 2013.
- G. Chen, L. Zhang, J. Arinez and S. Biller, “Energy-efficient production systems through schedule-based operations,” IEEE Transactions on Automation Science and Engineering, vol. 10, no. 1, pp. 27-37, 2013.
- L. Zhang and X. Yue, “Operations sequencing in flexible production lines with Bernoulli machines,” IEEE Transactions on Automation Science and Engineering, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 645-653, 2011.
- S. M. Meerkov and L. Zhang, “Bernoulli production lines with quality-quantity coupling machines: Monotonicity properties and bottlenecks,” Annals of Operations Research, vol. 182, no. 1, pp. 119-131, 2011.
- S. M. Meerkov and L. Zhang, “Unbalanced production systems with floats: Analysis and lean design,” International Journal of Manufacturing Technology and Management, vol. 23, no. 1-2, pp. 4-15, 2011.
- S. Ambani, S. M. Meerkov and L. Zhang, “Feasibility and optimization of preventative maintenance for exponential machines,” IIE Transactions, vol. 42, no. 10, pp. 766-777, 2010.
- J. Li, S. M. Meerkov and L. Zhang, “Production Systems Engineering: Problems, solutions, and applications,” Annual Reviews in Control, vol. 34, vol. 1, pp. 73-88, 2010.
Administrators: Add Event
There are no events planned at this time.
MSE Seminar Speaker - Dr. Joshua Agar
Feb 2 2018