Peter K. Cheo
Peter K. Cheo
Office: Bronwell 104
Phone: (860) 486-0624
- B.S., Aurora University, 1951;
- M.S., Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, 1953;
- Ph.D., The Ohio State University, 1964
Involved in the research and teaching of laser electronics, integrated optics, and fiber optics since 1960. Directed many research projects in the areas of integrated optics, fiber optics, and infrared laser devices and systems. Discovered a host of ultraviolet laser transitions form highly ionized atomic systems. Pioneered in the research and development of carbon dioxide lasers for a National Aeronautics and Space Administrations laser satellite communications experiment.
Current research interests in the areas of tunable infrared (IR) lasers, fiber lasers and applications of laser systems for remote sensing of atmosphere, high- resolution spectroscopy, and optical fiber communications.
President of PC Photonics Corporation, a small business firm specializing in broadband modulators and switches for laser systems. A member of the board of British Institute of Physics and the editorial board of Optics and Laser Technology and associate editor of the Journal of Quantum Electronics.
- Optical Society of America, Fellow;
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Fellow;
- Society for Photo-Instrumentation Engineering;
- Etta Kappa Nu