PERSONAL WEBPAGE: www.LinksLab.uconn.edu
My research interests are built around various problems related to Cyber-physical Systems. In particular, I am interested in Data Analytics, Information Fusion, Resilient Infrastructures, Distributed Intelligent Systems, Networked-control Systems, Swarm Robotics, Sensor Networks, Smart Grids, Unmanned Autonomous Vehicles, Adaptive Navigation & Path Planning, and Diagnostics & Prognostics in Complex Systems.
- PhD (Mechanical Engineering), Pennsylvania State University, Aug. 2006
- MS (Electrical Engineering), Pennsylvania State University, May 2005
- MS (Mechanical Engineering), Pennsylvania State University, Dec. 2004
- BTech (Mechanical Engineering), Indian Institute of Technology-Roorkee, Aug. 2001
- Assistant Professor, Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering,University of Connecticut, Aug. 2011-present
- Research Associate, Department of Mechanical and Nuclear Engineering, Pennsylvania State University, Aug. 2008- July 2011
- Post Doctoral Research Scholar, Department of Mechanical and Nuclear Engineering, Pennsylvania State University, Aug. 2006- July 2008
- Associate Editor, “Structural Health Monitoring- An International Journal”, 2010-present.
- Associate Editor, “International Conference on Control and Fault Tolerant Systems- SysTol 2010”, Nice, France.
RECENT PUBLICATIONS: (Total 80 research articles including book chapters, journal papers, patents and conference papers. For full list please click here)
- J. Song, K. Qiu, S. Gupta and J. Hare, “SLAM based Adaptive Navigation of AUVs for Oil Spill Cleaning”, MTS/IEEE OCEANS, St. John`s, Canada, September (2014)
- J. Hare, S. Gupta and J. Song, “Distributed Smart Sensor Scheduling for Underwater Target Tracking”, MTS/IEEE OCEANS, St. John`s, Canada, September (2014).
- J. Hare, X. Shi, S. Gupta and A. Bazzi, “A Review of Faults and Fault Diagnosis in Micro-grids Electrical Energy Infrastructure”, IEEE Energy Conversion Congress and Exposition, Pittsburgh, PA, USA, September (2014).
- Adaptive Cleaning of Oil Spills by Autonomous Vehicles Under Partial Information”, MTS/IEEE OCEANS, 2013.
- “Heat Exchanger Fouling Diagnosis for an Aircraft Air-Conditioning System”, SAE AeroTech Congress and Exhibition, 2013.
- “Distributed Algorithms for Energy-efficient Even Self-deployment in Mobile Sensor Networks”, IEEE Transactions on Mobile Computing, 2014.
- “Fault Diagnosis in Electric Drives using Machine Learning Approaches”, IEEE International Electric Machines and Drives Conference, 2013 .
- “Health Assessment of Liquid Cooling System in Aircrafts: Data Visualization, Reduction, Clustering and Classification”, SAE International Journal of Aerospace, 2012.
- “Online Recursive Estimation of Remaining Life Using Ultrasonic Measurements”, Structural Health Monitoring– An International Journal, 2012.
- “Target Detection and Classification Using Seismic and PIR Sensors”, IEEE Sensors Journal, 2012.
- “Cooperative Coverage using Autonomous Underwater Vehicles in Unknown Environments”, MTS/IEEE OCEANS, 2012.
- “Fractal Analysis of Crack Initiation in Polycrystalline Alloys using Surface Interferometry”, Euro Physics Letters, 2012.
- “Statistical-Mechanics-Inspired Optimization of Sensor Field Configuration for Detection of Mobile Targets”, IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics: Part B- Cybernetics, 2011.
Administrators: Add Event
There are no events planned at this time.
MSE Seminar Speaker - Dr. Angus Kingon
Sep 28 2018
MSE Seminar Speaker - Dr. Ryan R. Wixom
Oct 5 2018
MSE Seminar Speaker - Dr. Danielle Cote
Oct 12 2018
From Husky to CTO -- Dr. Louis C. Parrillo
Oct 15 2018
UConnect: Engineers in Conversation
Oct 18 2018