Office: ITE 463
Phone: (860) 486-2878
- B.Tech., Electrical Engineering, IIT (Kanpur), India, 1976
- S.M., Applied Physics, Harvard University, 1977
- Ph.D., Applied Physics, Harvard University, 1981
Applied electromagnetics (EM), antenna design, biomedical applications of EM waves.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- The Connecticut Academy of Science and Engineering (CASE)
- Fellow of The Electromagnetics Academy
- R. Bansal, From ER to E.T.: How Electromagnetic technologies are Changing Our Lives, Wiley-IEEE Press, 2017.
- R. Bansal (ed.), Fundamentals of Engineering Electromagnetics, Taylor andFrancis, FL, 2006. [Derived from Handbook of Engineering Electromagnetics by R. Bansal (ed.), 2004]
- R. Bansal (ed.), Engineering Electromagnetics: Applications, Taylor and Francis,FL, 2006. [Derived from Handbook of Engineering Electromagnetics by R. Bansal (ed.), 2004]
- R. Bansal (ed.), Handbook of Engineering Electromagnetics, Marcel Dekker, NY, 2004.
- D. Rivera and R. Bansal, Submarine Antennas, pp. 4937-4951, Encyclopedia of RF and Microwave Engineering, edited by K. Chang, Wiley, NJ, 2005.
- R. Bansal, “Review of Vector Analysis and Coordinate Systems,” pp. 681-690, Appendix C in Handbook of Engineering Electromagnetics, edited by R. Bansal, Marcel Dekker, NY, 2004.
Selected Journal Articles:
- A. Teber, I. Unver, H. Kavas, B. Aktas, and R. Bansal, “Knitted radar absorbing materials (RAM) based on nickel-cobalt magnetic materials,” J. Magnetism and Magnetic Materials, Vol. 406, pp. 228-232, 15 May 2016.
- R. Habash, Daniel Krewski, R. Bansal, and H. T. Alhafid, “Principles, applications, risks and benefits of therapeutic hyperthermia,” Frontiers in Bioscience E3, pp. 1169-1181, June 1, 2011.
- D. Tonn and R. Bansal, “Design of a Metamaterial-Based Linear Insulated Antenna Using a Genetic Algorithm,” Int. J. of RF and Microwave Computer-Aided Engineering, Vol. 19, No. 1, pp. 39-49, January 2009.
- K. R. Mahmoud, R. Bansal, M. El-Adawy, , S. H. Zainud-Deen, and S. M. M. Ibrahem, “Performance of a Circular Crossed-Dipole Array for SDMA Configuration Adopting Directivity and Polarization Control using Particle Swarm Optimization Algorithm,” Int. J. of RF and Microwave Computer-Aided Engineering, Vol. 19, No. 1, pp. 50-59, January 2009.
- Columnist, IEEE Antennas and Propagation Magazine, 1987-present.
- Columnist, IEEE Microwave Magazine, 2000-present.
- Member, Editorial Board, International Journal of RF & Microwave CAE, 2004-present.
- IEEE AP-S Liaison to COMAR, 2001-present.