Office: ITE 441
- Cornell University, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Joint Ph.D.
- Harbin Institute of Technology, China, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Ph.D.
- Harbin Institute of Technology, China, B.Sc.
- Assistant Professor, Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering, University of Connecticut, 2021–present
- Eversource Energy Center, Power System and Renewable Energy Integration Team, University of Connecticut, 2021–present
- Research Associate, Systems Engineering, Cornell University, 2020–2021
- Postdoctoral Associate, Systems Engineering, Cornell University, 2018–2020
- Lecturer, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Cornell University, 2019-2020
- Modern power systems planning and operation
- High penetration level of variable renewable energy integration
- Electricity market
- Non-linear power optimization and simulation techniques
- Coordinated transmission and distribution systems
- Data analytics
Ph.D. Candidates Recruitment:
Dr. Wang is looking for highly motivated students for multiple fully-funded Ph.D. positions
- One Ph.D. position on a funded power optimization-related project starting Jan. 2022. (Students who are already in the U.S. are preferred)
- Multi-Ph.D. positions starting either in Spring or Fall, 2022. (Students from either domestic or international are welcomed)
Candidates with a strong background in power system optimization, renewable energy integration, power system planning and operation, are encouraged to apply. Candidates with a strong academic record are preferred. The successful candidate will work on real-world projects in collaboration with industry partners. If you are interested, please send CV, GRE and TOEFL scores, publication sample (if any) to email@example.com.